Fall Is Here!

August 26th, 2008

Hello!

While maybe it doesn’t feel like Fall outside, the Fall 2008 Semester is under way and it is an exciting time at IU East. One of many exciting changes is our brand new webpage. Part of this new page is the blog section you are now looking at. In the past, I have posted weekly Distance Dish updates on the Distance Education webpage and this blog is an exciting extension of that. What I really hope is that by doing a blog, I’ll have a chance to not only provide updates to you and but also to interact with our distance education students and hear what you think. I welcome your comments.

There are a couple things that I think are very important for online students to remember during the first week of class. One is to be to login in to Oncourse. Oncourse is your classroom for an online course. Most students wouldn’t think of not coming to class the first day when the syllabus is handed out and assignments are discussed. It’s the same way with an online class only rather than going to a classroom you’re logging into a virtual one. Second, please remember to check your IU Webmail. It is the official method of communication for your IU East classes and you should be checking it regularly.

As I said, it’s an exciting time at IU East. I hope you’re eager to begin your classes and excited about being a part of our growing campus. If there is anything that I can do to assist you with your online classes, please let me know.

Tom