Schedule of Classes
Indiana University East makes the online Schedule of Classes available for review approximately one month prior to the start of early registration. Thus, Summer and Fall courses are typically available in late February, while Spring courses are typically available in early October. There are three class schedule search options:
1.)"OFFICIAL" Class Search in OneStart
This is the search option to use if you want the official class schedule and you need detailed TEXTBOOK information.
Publicly accessible at OneStart / Public Services / Schedule of Classes, the "OFFICIAL CLASS SCHEDULE" search engine reflects real-time course availability and the open or closed status of each class. Additionally, with each class, there is a (Details) button which leads to more information specific to that section, including textbook and prerequisite details.
Current students, logged in to OneStart, may access the official schedule of classes at OneStart / Self Service / Registration Service / Schedule of Classes.
2.) Unofficial Web Class Search
This HTML web version of the schedule of classes reflects day-old course enrollment totals, open/closed status, and seat availability, Please note: This version reflects "yesterday's data." Textbook information is very limited in this version.
3.) Unofficial PDF Copy of Class Schedule
Provided primarily for administrators who need to review or print an entire department's course listing, this PDF version of the schedule of classes reflects day-old course enrollment totals, open/closed status, and seat availability, Please note: This version reflects "yesterday's data." Textbook information is very limited in this version.
- PDF Copy of the Spring 2015 Schedule of Classes
- PDF Copy of the Summer 2015 Schedule of Classes
- PDF Copy of the Fall 2015 Schedule of Classes
Textbook Information (incl. IU eTextbooks)
Regular Textbooks: IU East Barnes & Noble Bookstore
IU Electronic Textbooks: Some classes at IU East are using electronic textbooks (a.k.a. "eTexts").
- Searching for Classes. Students, it is highly recommended that you use the "Official Class Schedule" search engine (see search option #1 above) in OneStart to search for available classes. Please READ THE FOOTNOTES associated with each class section.
(1) If a class is being taught with a regular textbook, additional information regarding that textbook can be found by clicking on the (Details) button.
On the "Search for Classes - Search Results" screen, click the (Details) button which leads to more information specific to that section including, textbook information.
(2) If a class is being taught with an eTextbook, the footnote will say, "IU eTEXT FEE REQUIRED." If you select an eTextbook-only class, you do NOT need to go to the Bookstore. You will automatically be charged on your feebill for the cost of the IU eTextbook.
(3) If a class is being taught with BOTH kinds of textbooks, the footnote will give you information regarding both.
- Once you've registered for an eTextbook class: You will be able to access eTextbook information from Class Schedule Details in your OneStart Student Center. Two links will be displayed on your class schedule details page. One link, ‘Textbook Summary’, provides information directly related to your eTextbook class(es), while the other link, ‘View/Order Textbooks’, leads to the Barnes & Noble textbook listing.
- Once in Oncourse: When you sign in to Oncourse, you will see a tab for Courseload on the left side. Clicking the Courseload tab will provide you with access to your eTextbook(s). If you are having trouble signing into Courseload, you may need to change to your web browser's configuration (https://kb.iu.edu/data/ayyq.html). If you are still unable to sign in to Courseload, please contact the IT Help Desk, located in Hayes Hall, Rm. 169 or call (765) 973-8375.
Questions about the Courseload Software: Staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning can assist you. The CTL is located in Springwood Hall 202. http://www.iue.edu/ctl
Online and Special Program Courses
- Distance Education Courses
- Honors (H-Option) Courses
- Spring 2015 Honors Option Classes
- Summer 2015 Honors Option Classes (under construction)
- Fall 2015 Honors Option Classes (under construction)
- Women's & Gender Studies Courses
Indiana University East participates in "Transfer Indiana" and is a member of the "Core Transfer Library (CTL).
What is the CTL? To enable you to transfer college credits, Indiana has developed the
Core Transfer Library (CTL) – a list of courses that will transfer among
all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate
All Core Transfer Library courses will meet the general education or free elective requirements of undergraduate degree programs, and a significant majority of CTL courses will also count as one-on-one equivalents to courses taught at your new campus.
Courses on the IU East Schedule of Classes, that are a part of the Core Transfer Library (CTL), carry the following footnote: "This class is part of the 'Transfer Indiana' (transferIN) Initiative. For additional information , link to www.transferin.net."
Click here to see a complete list of IU East courses listed in the CTL.
- ARR - meeting day and time arranged with instructor
- CD - Connersville
- DA - Danielson Center - New Castle
- GS - Good Samaritan Hospital - Dayton
- HY - Hayes Hall (main campus in Richmond)
- IM - Madison
- LB - Lawrenceburg
- NX - Henry County Art Center - New Castle
- RC - Richmond High School
- R1 - Reid Hospital
- RW - Springwood Hall (main campus in Richmond)
- TR - Tom Raper Hall (main campus in Richmond)
- WZ - Whitewater Hall (main campus in Richmond)
- WB - Web (online)
Days of the Week Abbreviations
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- S = Saturday
- MW = Monday & Wednesday
- TR = Tuesday & Thursday
- D = M,T,W,R,F
- ARR = Arranged (most likely taught online)
Prior term class schedules
- Spring 2014 - Web
- Spring 2014 - PDF
- Summer 2014 - Web
- Summer 2014 - PDF
- Fall 2014 - Web
- Fall 2014 - PDF