The Indiana University East academic year is divided into three semesters/terms:
Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (May to August).
Detailed Semester Calendars (Important Dates & Deadlines)
|Fall Semester 2014 (first semester that IU moves to the "common calendar")|
|Spring Semester 2015|
|Summer Term 2015|
In order that students may transfer from one IU campus to another without loss of time in the pursuit of their educational goals, the Indiana University Board of Trustees has approved a common academic calendar that will be followed by all IU campuses.
The common calendar establishes the following Fall and Spring semester dates:
1. Semester/term begin date (i.e., first day of classes)
2. Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
3. 100% refund date -- end of first week
4. 75% refund date -- end of second week
5. 50% refund date -- end of third week
6. 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
7. Last day to drop and receive an automatic "W" -- end of ninth week
At this point, our summer term dates were not impacted, but…that is subject to change by future BOT / UFC action. Also, please be aware that mini-sessions within the semester, as well as fall and spring breaks are still determined at each individual campus.
Common Academic Calendar