The Indiana University East academic year is divided into three semesters/terms:
Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (May to August).
Important Dates & Deadlines (detailed semester calendars)
Common Academic Calendar
In order that students may transfer from one IU campus to another without loss of time in the pursuit of their educational goals, the Indiana University Board of Trustees has approved a common academic calendar that will be followed by all IU campuses.
The common calendar establishes the following Fall and Spring semester dates:
- Semester/term begin date (i.e., first day of classes)
- Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
- 100% refund date -- end of first week
- 75% refund date -- end of second week
- 50% refund date -- end of third week
- 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
- Last day to drop and receive an automatic "W" -- end of ninth week
Thus far, summer term dates have not impacted, but…that is subject to change. Also, at this time, mini-sessions within the semester, as well as fall and spring breaks are still determined at each individual campus.