Asst. Vice President for Regional Affairs and University Academic Planning
- M.F.A., Fiction, Indiana University, 1989
- B.A., English, Bellarmine College, 1983
Current Creative Activity
Writing short stories, a series of novels, and a play.
- Rivard, T.J. “Landscaping with Canaries,” Gulf Stream Magazine, December, 2010.
- Rivard, T.J. "Chalk Drawings," Right Hand Pointing, December, 2006.
- Rivard, T.J. The Highest Point in Indiana, Indiana College English Association. Richmond, IN. September, 30, 2006.
- Rivard, T.J. “The Girl and the Snake.” 15 June 2004. Smokelong Quarterly, 4.
- Rivard, T.J. "The Raven and The Swan," flashquake, vol. 3, issue 2, winter 2003-04. Nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
- Rivard, T.J. "The Hat," The Café Irreal, Issue #8, August, 2002.
- Rivard, T.J. "Thomas Pynchon: a Study of The Crying of Lot 49," fall 2001. Web publication through the University of Louisville.
- Rivard, T.J. "Beyond Parallel Play: Creating Interdisciplinary Collaboration." Academic Chairpersons Conference. Orlando, FL. February 8, 2001.
- "Rivard, T.J. Teaching What We Teach Ourselves; Learning From What We Teach Our Students." Winterfest '99. Terre Haute, IN. January 29, 1999.
- "Rivard, T.J. The Monkey Rattle," Eureka Literary Magazine, spring 1997.
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Sylvia E. Bowman Award for Distinguished Teaching, Indiana University, 2006.
- Helen Lees Award for Excellence in Teaching, Indiana University East, 2000.
- TERA award for excellence in teaching for 1997, 1998, and 2000.
- F.A.C.E.T. (The Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching) Award, 1994.