Timothy W. Scales
Director of Center for Entrepreneurship and Director Center for Economic Education
Hayes Hall 127
- M.B.A., Anderson University, 1998
- M.S., Banking, University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1996
- B.S., Business, Indiana University East, 1993
- A.S., Business, Indiana University East, 1991
- Certificate, Leadership Excellence, Disney Institute, 2001
- Scales, T. (2011) "Journal of Applied Business & Economics"
- Scales, T. (2011) "Internation Journal of the Academic Business World"
- Scales, T. (2011) "Women Etrepreneurs Create Jobs"
- Scales, T. (2010) "The 2 Hour Entrepreneur"
- Scales, T. (2010) "Entreprneurship" Tunis, Tunisia
- Scales, T. (2009) "An 8 Hour Entrepreneur"
- Scales, T. (2008) “Youth Entrepreneurship,” Oxford Round Table, Oxford, England
- Scales, T., Luken C. (2008) “A booming Economy,” Academy of World Business Conference, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Scales, T. (2008) “Entrepreneurship and Economics,” The Hoosier Economist.
- Scales, T. Frantz, D., (2008) Entrepreneurship; Risk, Reward and Reality: Education for the Future, Athens Institute for Education and Research.
- Scales, T. (2007) “Rupees to Pesos,” National Council Economic Education, Denver, CO.
- Scales, T. (2007) “Entrepreneurship, Risk, Reward and Reality,” Athens Institute for Education and Research, Athens, Greece.
- Scales, T. (2006) “International Opportunities for At Risk Youth,” Christel House, Bangalore, India
- Scales, T. (2006) “Business, Economics and Arts,” St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, India
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Adjunct Instructor, Purdue University, 2004-Present
- Owner, A Fortune 500 Company, 2001-Present
- Owner, MSItoday, 1999-2002
- Vice President/Director of Marketing, First Bank Richmond, 1993-2004
- Installment Lending/Consumer Operations, US Bank, 1986-1993
- Store Manager/Salesperson, Gallenkamp Shoes, 1981-1986
Selected Offices Held in National/International Professional Organizations
- Board of Directors Wayne County Innovation Center
- Board of Directors Civic Hall Performing Arts Center
- International Affairs Committee Council for Economic Education, NY
- Growth Start Indiana for the State of Indiana
- Professional Development Community Committee for Economic Education
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- ACBSP "Teaching Excellence Reward" Region 4, 2010
- Producer of the Year, Education Channel 20 WCTV, 2007
- Fellow, Sam Walton, 2005, 2006,, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Marketer of the Year, American Marketing Association Indianapolis Chapter, 2001