Maureen A. Scane
Assistant Professor, School of Education
Middlefork Hall 352
- Ed. D., Educational Leadership, NOVA Southeastern University, 2001
- Gifted and Talented Endorsement, Purdue University, 1991
- M.A. in Elementary Education, Central Michigan University, 1971
- B.S. in Science and English, Central Michigan University, 1967
Current Research Interests
Best practices in writing, diversity assessment instrument
- Scane, M., & Doerger, D. (2010). Good teachers need to be good writers: Designing and implementing a course for pre-service teachers. Studies in Learning, Evaluation, and Development. Vol. 7 (1), pp. 51-60, June 2010.
- Scane, M. (2010). Muggins math: Tools for student success. Indiana Math Teacher. February 2010.
- Smekens, K. & Scane, M. (2010). Launching the Writer’s Workshop Grades 3-12. 2nd Edition. Warren, IN: Smekens Education Solutions.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Coordinator and Teacher, Sunman-Dearborn Community Schools, 1973-2007
- Teacher, Memphis City Schools, Memphis, Tennessee, 1969-1972
- Coleman Community Schools, Coleman, Michigan, 1968-1969
- Teacher of the Year, 1989
- Teacher of the Year, 1991