Mary T. Folkerth MSN, RN, CPNP-PC
Assistant Clinical Professor
Hayes Hall 221
- Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, Indiana. Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), 1994
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Science in Nursing, Clinical Nurse Specialist in Nursing of Children, 1982
- Villanova University College of Nursing, Villanova, Pennsylvania. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1972
Current Research Interests
Child and adolescent obesity and related health problems, collaborative teaching and learning, use of technology in education.
- Folkerth, M. (2008) “Stop Taking on Pounds, Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle (STOP),” Indiana Chapter of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) Conference. Indianapolis, Indiana - September 12, 2008.
- Folkerth, M. (2008) “Collaborative Learning: Making an Investment in the Future of Nursing,” Reid Hospital and Health care Services Nursing Grand Rounds. Richmond, IN – May 11, 2008.
Folkerth, M. (2001). Contributor (book) Ask a nurse: from home remedies to hospital care. A publication of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing and People’s Medical Society.
Selected Present/Previous Employment Positions
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – Nurse Educator STOP Program, Reid Hospital and Health Care Services, 2006-Present
Background in Education
- Temple University College of Allied Health -Nursing, Philadelphia, PA – Assistant Professor
- Abington Memorial Hospital School of Nursing – Instructor
- Montgomery County, PA Civil Defense – EMT II Program Coordinator
- Abington Memorial Hospital – ICU-CCU Staff Nurse
- Hospital of University of Pennsylvania – Staff Nurse
Selected Offices Held in National/International Professional Organizations
- Campus Counselor, Alpha Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 00-Present
- American Nurses Association
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Certification: CPNP-PC by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
Selected Academic Awards/Recognition
- Distinguished Faculty Service Award, 2009
- Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching Award (FACET), 2007
- Indiana University School of Nursing, Lillian Yeager Public Service Award, 2006