Dean and Professor of English
Tom Raper Hall 330
- Ph.D. English, University of Washington, 2001
- M.A. English, University of Washington, 1996
- B.A. English, Bates College, 1994
Current Research Interests
Romantic and Victorian English Literature, Rhetoric and Composition, Literary Theory, Scholarship of Teaching, Academic Leadership
- “Sustainable Collaborations: Libraries Link Dual-credit Programs to P-20 Initiatives,” with Courtney Bruch. Journal of Collaborative Librarianship. 3:2 (June 2011).
- (Re)Actions: Affecting Change Through Inquiry-Based Writing. Southlake: Fountainhead Press, January 2011.
- “Program-level Student Recruitment and Retention Strategies,” with Maureen Murphy. Madison: Magna Publications, January 2011.
- “Recruitment, Retention, and Professional Development,” with Maureen Murphy, et. al. The Department Chair. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, January 2011: 14-16.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Chairperson, English and Foreign Languages, Colorado State University-Pueblo, 2008-2011.
- Director of Writing, English and Foreign Languages, Colorado State University-Pueblo, 2001-2008
- Professional Development Consultant, Center for Instructional Development and Research, University of Washington, 1991-2001
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Southern Colorado Outstanding Educator of the Year Award, Pueblo Hispanic Education Foundation, Spring 2006
- Provost’s Award for Excellence in University Service, Colorado State University-Pueblo, Spring 2005
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, Colorado State University-Pueblo, Spring 2005