Springwood Hall 204
- Ph.D. in Anthropology, The University of Chicago, 1987
- A.M. in Anthropology, The University of Chicago, 1980
- A.B. in Anthropology and Art, Middlebury College, 1978
- Understanding Success of Historically Underrepresented Students at California State University, Monterey Bay through a Look at Their Institutional Experiences. (2013). With M. Boyce and V. Chukwuemeka. Metropolitan Universities Journal 24(2): 91-101.
- The mammalian fauna associated with an achaic hominin skullcap and later Acheulean artifacts at Elandsfontein, Western Cape Province, South Africa. (2007) With G. Avery, R. G. Klein and T.E. Steele. Journal of Human Evolution 52: 164-186.
- Humankind Emerging, 9th edition. (2005) Allyn & Bacon. With B. Campbell and J. Loy.
- The analysis of animal bones from archaeological sites. (1984). With R. G. Klein. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, California State University, Monterey Bay, 2007–2013
- Dean, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, 2002–2006; Interim Dean, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2001–2002
Selected Academic Awards and Honors
- 2011: California State University, Monterey Bay: President's Medal for Outstanding Administrator
- 2001: Northern Arizona University: Charles and Ellie Meister Award for outstanding service to the Honors Program
- 1996: Northern Arizona University, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Outstanding Teaching Award
- 1994: Northern Arizona University Teaching Scholar Award