Professor of Educational Psychology
Tom Raper Hall 344
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, Marquette University - 1993
- Ed.S., School Psychology, University of Northern Iowa - 1988
- B.A., Psychology and Business Management, Luther College - 1985
Current Teaching Interests
Educational Psychology, Adolescent Development
Current Research Interests
Cognitive Behavior Therapy with Children and Adolescents, Frustration Tolerance
- Haep, A., Steins, G. & Wilde, J. (2012). Soziales Lernen in der Sekundarstufel: Das Traingprogramm mit Unterrichtsmaterialien, Verhalten-ubungen und praktischen Tipps. Auer-Verlag, Germany.
- Wilde, J. (2011) Rational-emotive and cognitive-behavioral interventions for children and adolescents: A group counseling curriculum. In S. Selek (ed.), Different views of anxiety disorders. Croatia: Intech.
- Wilde, J. (2004). The relationship between cognitive distortions and anger. The Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapist, 11,1, 1-14.
- Wilde, J. (2002). Anger management in schools: Alternatives to student violence (2nd ed.). Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishing, Inc.
- Ellis, A. & Wilde, J. (2001). Case studies in rational emotive behavior therapy with children and adolescents. Columbus, OH: Merrill.
- Wilde, J. (2001). Interventions for children with anger problems. The Journal of Rational-Emotive & Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, 19 (3), 191-197.
- Wilde, J. (1995). Treating anger, anxiety and depression in children and adolescent: A cognitive-behavioral perspective. Washington, D.C.: Taylor & Francis.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Instructor - Department of Health and Human Issues (1997 to 2004), University of Wisconsin – Madison
- School Psychologist (1991 to 1997), East Troy Community School District, East Troy, Wisconsin
Selected Offices Held in National/International Professional Organizations
- Editorial Board for the Journal for Trauma and Loss in Children, 2000 - present
- National Advisory Council for the National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children (TLC) 1997 – 2003
- Walworth County Task Force for the Prevention of Domestic Violence, 1993 - 1997
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Chancellor's Faculty Award, Indiana University East – 2012 Recognizes outstanding all-around achievement and can be awarded for any combination of research, teaching, and service.
- Excellence in Research, Indiana University East – 2009