School of Nursing
Clinical Assistant Professor
Hayes Hall 217
- Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan. Masters of Science Nursing, 1992
- Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan, Bachelors of Science Nursing, 1988
- Miami Valley School of Nursing, Dayton, Ohio, Diploma in Nursing, 1979
Current Research Interests
Acute Care: Critical Care (cardiac), Education: Student Success and the use of Technology
- Rankin, S. & Stanforth, D. (2010) Incorporating Student Portfolios into BSN Program Assessment”, Poster presented at the Nursing Education Conference, Branson, Missouri.
- Stanforth, D. (2009) Use of Webcam in the Classroom, Indiana University East.
- Breymier, T., Dulemba, L, and Stanforth, D. (2009, January) Poster presented at the NLN Nursing Education Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Clark, K., Stanforth, D., & Humphries, P. (2009) Teaching undergraduate nursing research: A collaborative approach. Nurse Educator, 34 (1), 9-11.
- Glendon, K & Ulrich, D. (2000). Unfolding cases. Prentice-Hall. (contributor).
- Breymier, T., Baker, D., Stanforth, D. & Dempsey, K. (2008, November). Lost in space: From take-off to landing. Clinical Education Redesign: Simulations, Innovations, and Partnerships. Indiana University-Purdue University School of Nursing, Indianapolis.
- Breymier, T., Dulemba, L., Rankin, S., Stanforth, D. Williamson, M. (2008, October). Mission Impossible: Incorporating student portfolios into BSN program assessment. Poster presented at the 35th Annual Conference on Professional Nursing and Development Conference, Kansas City, MO.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Miami University, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Dayton Chapter for Critical Care Nurse
- Indiana State Nursing Association
- National League for Nurses
- American Nursing Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- NLN Ambassador for Indiana University East: 2010
- Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching Award: 2010
- Nursing Preceptor Award, Good Samaritan Hospital: 2010
- Recipient for IU East Technology Advancement Teaching and Learning Project: Enhancing Student Learning With the Use of Webcam: 2009
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers: 2006
- Outstanding BSN Faculty: 2003
- Outstanding Indiana University East Faculty: 2003
- Nursing Excellence Award: 2002
- Horizon Teaching Award from Indiana University East: 2001
- Excellence in Teaching from Miami University: 1997