Daron W. Olson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of European and World History
Tom Raper Hall 254
- Ph.D., Historical Studies, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2006
- M.A., History, University of North Dakota, 1993
- B.A., History, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 1986
Current Research Interests
Modern Norway, Nationalism and Identity, Transnationalism and Migration
- Olson, Daron W. Vikings across the Atlantic: Emigration and the Building of a Greater Norway, 1860-1945. Minneapolis and London: University of Minnesota Press, 2013.
- Olson, Daron W. "On Both Sides of the Atlantic: Transnational Celebrations of Norwegian Identity, 1925-1939." Norwegian-American Essays 2014. Oslo: Novus Press, 2014: 99-122.
- Olson, Daron W. "We Are All Scandinavians: Norwegian-American Press Reaction to the 1938 Swedish Tercentenary." Swedish-American Historical Quarterly Vol. 65, No. 1 (January 2014): 3-30.
- Olson, Daron W. "Norwegian-American Historians and the Creation of an Ethnic Identity." Scandinavian Studies Vol. 79, No. 1 (Spring 2007): 41-56.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Visiting Lecturer in History, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2007-2009.
- Adjunct Professor of History, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 2006-2007.
Selected Academic Awards
- Indiana University East Award for Excellence in Research, 2013.