General Education and Program Prerequisites
Students should have completed a significant portion (if not all) of the general education and program prerequisites before beginning the online degree completion program. However, a student may elect to pursue the program even if all of these have not been completed. A customized plan of study will be developed for the student to complete these courses if not previously completed.
General Education Requirements (39 cr.)
These are general requirements set forth by the IU East School of Business & Economics. It is recommended these are met before beginning the Online Degree Completion.
Composition and Communication (9 cr.)
- ENG-W 131 Elementary Composition I
- Choose one additional college level composition course:
- Choose one college level Speech Communication course:
College Level Mathematics (3 cr.)
Natural Science & Mathematics (9 cr.)
- MATH-M 118 Finite Mathematics
- Choose one Natural Science Course (w/ lab component) from:
- Choose any number of Natural Science / Math courses to reach at least 9 cr.
Humanities & Fine Arts (9 cr)
- Choose 9 credits from at least two of the following areas of study (no more than 1 studio course):
Behavioral & Social Sciences (9 cr)
- ECON-E 103 Microeconomics
- Choose 6 credits from the following areas of study:
Additional Required Courses (9 cr)
Electives (12 cr.)
Additional courses to equal a total of at least 120 credits.