Degree Requirements (124 cr)
- The minimum requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing are 124 credit hours. Students with less than 124 credit hours must take additional course work to meet requirements. Students beginning the major nursing courses must complete all course work within six years.
- All general education courses must be completed with a grade of "C" (2.0) or higher by the second completed attempt.
- All nursing courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. Failure to receive a minimum grade of "C" (2.0) upon repeating a nursing course or failure in two nursing courses will result in dismissal.
- Complete the 30-hour residency requirement in nursing that will be met by the upper division nursing courses. Correspondence courses will not count toward the thirty-hour residency requirement in nursing.
General Education Requirements (59 cr)
Critical / Analytical / Science cluster (23 cr)
- PHSL-P 261 Anatomy & Physiology I
- PHSL-P 262 Anatomy & Physiology II
- MICR-J 200 Microbiology (pre-req BIOL-L 107)
- MICR-J 201 Microbiology Lab
- NURS-H 355 Data Analysis in Clinical Practice and Health Care Research
- Courses in Science, Math, or Logic
Communications Cluster (9 cr)
Cultural Diversity Cluster (6 cr)
- Courses in History / Civilization, or any course that compares cultures from any of the Anthropology, Religion, or Humanities disciplines.
Social Competence Cluster (9 cr)
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology
- SOC-S 100 Introduction to Sociology
- Course in Political Science, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, or Management of Resources.
Humanistic Appreciation (6 cr)
Open Electives (6 cr)
- Your choice, provided they are college level and not considered developmental courses.
Nursing Course Requirements (65 cr)
- NURS-B 231 Communication for Health Care Professionals*
- NURS-B 244 Comprehensive Health Assessment
- NURS-B 304 Professional Nursing Seminar I: Health Policy
- NURS-B 404 Professional Nursing Seminar II: Informatics
- NURS-H 365 Nursing Research
- NURS-S 474 Applied Healthcare Ethics
- NURS-S 475 A Multisystem Approach to the Health of the Community: RN BSN
- NURS-S 483 Clinical Nursing Practice Capstone
- NURS-S 487 Nursing Management: RN BSN
- Nursing Elective
* When NURS-B 231 is completed you will receive 35 credit hours of special credit added to your transcript at no cost.