- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an ACEN - or CCNE-accredited BSN program.
- Valid, unrestricted RN license in the state where practicum will be completed.
- At least one year experience as a RN or currently working as a RN for nursing education and nursing administration.
- At least two years' experience as a RN for FNP (or two years' experience by the time the student would take the assessment course, F570 in semester three).
- Statistics grade (by transcript or current completion at IU East): Applicants need to have a grade of C or higher in a three credit, 300 level (or higher) class (or successfully complete prior to Research, R500 in semester four).
- Criminal background check.
- Statement of essential abilities.
- Submission of the following:
- Personal statement (250-350 words).
- Two references, may give email address via online application.
Admission to the master’s program requires approval by the faculty and is based on the applicant’s qualifications as evidenced by grade point average, essay, official transcripts, and references. Acceptance into the program is competitive. Students select a major area of study at the time they apply for admission to the MSN program. New cohorts are admitted each January (spring semester) of each year, there are no summer or fall admissions at this time.
For more information about the MSN program, admission criteria, or the application process please contact the school of nursing:Tonya Breymier
Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs
2325 Chester Blvd, Hayes 203
Richmond, Indiana 47374