- Students can take the test only once.
- Students should take the test as soon as possible, especially freshmen and transfer students. See "Credit by Examination and Special Fee Structure" below.
- Students are highly encouraged to study for the test before taking it (see the review sheet)
- The placement test consists of a written part (to be taken at the Testing Center; contact Bob Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org) and, for those who wish to test out of S150 or above, of a brief interview with one of the Spanish instructors. This interview will be scheduled soon after taking the written part and will be conducted in Spanish.
NB: Skype interviews are possible.
- Distance Education students who cannot go to IU East’s Testing Center should contact both Prof. Dianne Moneypenny at email@example.com and Prof. Julien Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Language instructors will contact students to schedule the interview via the student’s IU email address.
- Distance Education students who cannot go to IU East’s Testing Center should contact both Prof. Dianne Moneypenny at email@example.com and Prof. Julien Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Day of the Test
- No textbooks, dictionaries, cell phones are allowed.
- Students can take as much time as they need to complete the test.
- For students wishing to test out of S150 or higher, they need to take the test for the lower levels as well (e.g. to test out of S200, a student needs to take the Placement Tests for S100, S150 and S200).
- Indicate your IU email address.
For information about the French placement exam, please contact Prof. Julien Simon at email@example.com
Credit by Examination and Special Fee Structure
This credit is awarded as the result of an examination and: (a) during the first or second consecutive semester of matriculation, there is no charge; (b) if you are a first semester transfer student there is a $10 per credit hour charge; (c) if you are neither (a) nor (b), then you will pay the standard per semester fee at the appropriate resident or nonresident rate.