Minor in Spanish
The Minor in Spanish is open to degree-seeking students. Certain courses have prerequisites and you will first need to fulfill those prerequisites. Placement into the appropriate level of Spanish language course is required.
Minor Requirements (23 cr.)
- You must complete 23 credit hours.
- Six credit hours beyond SPAN-S 250 must be completed on the I.U. East campus.
- You must be placed into the appropriate level Spanish course by test or advisement before beginning the minor.
- SPAN-S 100 Elementary Spanish I (4 cr.)
- SPAN-S 150 Elementary Spanish II (4 cr.)
- SPAN-S 200 Second-Year Spanish I (3 cr.)
- SPAN-S 250 Second-Year Spanish II (3 cr.)
- SPAN-S 275 Introduction to Hispanic Culture (3 cr.)
- HISP-S 308 Spanish Conversation and Composition (3 cr.)
- HISP-S 328 Introduction to Hispanic Literature (3 cr.)