Minor in Technical Writing
Minors with emphases in business communication, mass communication, and creative writing are pr ovided with specific courses identified for each.
Non-English majors must complete courses from the list below. English majors must complete 15 additional credit hours (5 courses) beyond the 36 hours required for the major in order to qualify for any English minor or certificate. At least 9 of the 18 credit hours must be at the 300 level and above.
Course Requirements (12 cr)
- ENG-W 231 Professional Writing Skills
- ENG-W 321 Advanced Technical Writing
- ENG-W 323 Digital Writing
- ENG-W 324 Technical Editing
Electives (6 cr)
- Choose 6 credits from:
Note: Other courses may apply toward the certificate as approved by the certificate advisors.
Progress toward the completion of the certificate will be monitored in a number of ways:
- You must have obtained a C or better in all courses applied to the certificate.
- You will compile a portfolio of three technical commuication projects of different focuses completed for courses and write a reflective essay of introduction. The portfolio will be reviewed by at least two English faculty. Your advisor will coordinate the portfolio review process.