Specialized Credential in Online Instruction and Assessment
The School of Education is offering a 12-hour Specialized Credential in Online Instruction and Assessment (SCOIA) consisting of four courses. Potential and practicing instructors who work in online teaching environments will learn to integrate best practices in on line teaching while preparing courses and/or instructional training programs.
Courses include topics focusing on the development of quality online courses including:
- Foundations of online learning theory,
- Effective and targeted assessment,
- Engaging means of instructional delivery,
- Developing online teaching materials.
Fields served by the focus of this credential include:
- Online public schools and/or private schools
- Post-secondary teaching at community college and beyond
- Online training in business
- Private and governmental organizational operations
- Not-for-profit organizations