Minor in Sports Marketing and Management (HPER)
This minor is open to any IU East student and to graduates and community members with a B.A. or B.S. degree wanting to add this minor. Students must be in good academic standing.
Minor Requirements (15 cr)
Course numbers pending approval. Please contact School of Education for Fall enrollment information.
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Managing a Business for Non-Business Majors
- Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Marketing a Business for Non-Business Majors
- Financial Management Basics for Non-Business Majors
- Practicum in Sport Studies
The Sports Marketing and Management Minor will be assessed in the following ways:
- Assessment of the Sports Marketing and Management Minor curriculum will be conducted through course-embedded assessment tools such as practice activities and course exams.
- Attaining a 2.5 GPA in the minor overall