Registration! Registration! Registration! Woohoo! Let’s Get Pumped Red Wolves!

November 6th, 2012

Spring 2013 Online Schedule of Classes

Hey all my awesome online peeps, it’s that exciting time of year once again– No, not …Thanksgiving, even though the prospects of  lots of yummy food,  hanging with friends and family, and all of us having a well-deserved break is something to get excited about– did I mention the food! But no, it’s time for something just as exciting – it’s REGISTRATION TIME!!! WooHoo!!! Time to get signed up for those Spring classes – Yeah! Let’s do this! OK -so I might have perhaps had a little too much coffee!

Open registration is happening now – Yes! Right Now!  If you don’t want to lose that hot-spot in that course you need to graduate, you need to get enrolled ASAP! Now don’t freak out, I was just trying to scare you into registering EARLY, but it is true that with each day that passes, you run the chance of not getting a seat in the classes you want or need.  While it’s true you have until the end of the first week of Spring classes on January 19th to register late, I strongly discourage waiting this long.  We don’t want anyone to have any of those OMG-anxious moments!  So let’s get registered NOW!

Here is our Spring 2013 course listing http://www.iue.edu/onlinecampus/current/courses.php#spring  we have OVER 100 SUPER-WONDERFUL-AMAZINGLY AWESOME online classes to choose from! (Sorry – I get a little carried away!)

You might be tempted to fill your schedules with all those fun titled courses like Z-201 (Intro to History of Rock n Roll-we all want to be rock-stars) or  Z-492 (Food: An American Indulgence–it’s amazing how many McDonalds there are in this world), or P-324 (Abnormal Psychology – admit it, we all want to know why we are a little abnormal).  But it’s very-very important that you schedule an appointment by phone or e-mail with your online advisors – you want to make sure you are on the right track with your degree completion progress.  Uncertain who your advisor is? If you’re like me, and have trouble remembering your own name sometimes, and just can’t remember who your advisor is (no shame in admitting this and I promise not to tell anyone), I would be happy to assist you in looking them up and getting you in touch with them.

Once your advisor has given you the green light on your plan of study –log-in to your OneStart Student Center and load up that shopping cart with your online classes.  Just be sure to finish your enrollment and not accidently leave them in your shopping cart – that would be a bummer.  If you are not sure if you have completed your registration, please call me or your advisor and we will happy to confirm your enrollment for you.

To make sure we are all good to start registering – check the Registration Checklist: http://www.iue.edu/registrar/courses/registerforclasses.php

Many of you probably know how to register, but some of you might be new to IU East Online Programs or, like me, just need a refresher.  Here is a condensed Registration Instruction Guide: http://www.iue.edu/registrar/documents/CondensedRegistrationInstructions.pdf. If you would rather call me to help walk you through the registration process, or if you have any other questions about any online courses –or if you would just like to share in the EXCITEMENT of online classes and getting registered, I am always happy to speak with online students!

Feel free to e-mail me: ambmclar@iue.edu / eaonline@iue.edu or call me anytime (765)973-8300.

Amber Clark

IU East’s Online Student Support Services Super Excited “Highly Caffeinated” Cheerleader!