Growth, Changes, and Social Media at IU East

June 12th, 2009

First of all, I can’t believe how time has gotten away from me the last month or so. We’ve been very busy here at IU East as evidenced by the 30% enrollment growth for Summer I over the same semester last year. In addition, we’re working to add a new University College Office which will make the experience for our new incoming freshmen this Fall a springboard for succees throughout their college career. I am enjoying my work with helping to find the best people to staff this office to provide students the best possible experience here at IU East.

I also have been exploring all the new social media tools that our campus is using to stay in touch with all of our students. We have sites on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr. Each of these provide an avenue to stay in touch with students outside of traditional email, phone, and in-person conversations. Keep a look out in the future for me and IUEverywhere on these sites!

Finally, please keep in mind that Summer II semester begins on July 6th and there is still time to register. We are offering several online classes during this six-week session and it can be good way to get a course or two checked off your degree requirements. Please contact me or your academic advisor for more information on Summer II courses.