- High School Graduation, or equivalent
- Completion of 12 or more semester hours at an accredited university or college (including junior and community colleges), with a GPA (on a 4.0 scale) of at least
- 2.0 for Indiana residents;
- 2.0 for those out of state residents who are covered by fee-reciprocity agreements that are in effect at the time of application;
- 2.5 for all other applicants;
- If the applicant completed or attempted less than 12 credit hours or has not completed a college level math or English course, they may be required to also submit an official high school or GED transcript.
- The applicant has not been dismissed for academic reasons from the institution he/she last attended
- Applications are reviewed daily. Once the Office of Admissions has received all required information, you can expect a written decision within three weeks.
- Learn more about next step for admitted students.
Admitted Transfer Students
After you have earned admission you will need to follow the next steps:
- Create your IU username and passphrase in OneStart
- Log into Onestart to review your credit transfer evaluation
- Make an appointment to meet with your advisors and select classes
- Register with your selected classes online in OneStart
Academic Advising and Registration
After a Transfer Student has earned admission and received their formal acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions, all Transfer Students must meet with an advisor before enrolling for classes. Attending a New Student Orientation is not mandatory for Transfer Students, but all are welcome to attend. For more information about New Student Orientation, contact the Office of Admissions. Once an advising appointment is made with a faculty advisor, please contact Alyssa Tegeler, Transfer Coordinator, at 765-973-8416 to inform her of your appointment. She will then prioritize the processing of your Transfer Credit Evaluation and share it with your advisor before your scheduled meeting.